The Manufacturing Engineer Manager develops and implements processes and fabrication methods to obtain cost effective production while maintaining high quality standards. The Manufacturing Engineer Manager also supports our Product Development & Engineering team with the launching of new products, provides input and recommendations for product and process improvements, and manages manufacturing implementation of continuous improvement revisions to our products.
1. Evaluates current manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials and recommends changes to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency.
2. Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications and coaching.
3. Directs the work and activities of all manufacturing technician staff. Oversees employee scheduling levels for optimal service.
4. Maintains effective relationships with other management, staff and departments to deliver high quality service to the organization.
5. Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researches, designs, and implements manufacturing methods and equipment/techniques that meet or exceed product quality requirements and production cost targets.
6. Participates in the resolution of issues such as: conflicting design requirements, tooling and process requirements, rework methods, as well as corrective action processing to eliminate future concerns.
7. Creates engineering change requests for continuous improvement and processes engineering change orders including shop floor disposition. Helps prioritize change requests to effectively utilize resources for best return on investment.
8. Creates manufacturing process instructions, conducts FEMA’s, develops and conducts process validations.
9. Prepares cost, utilization, efficiency, and other performance metric reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing shop floor data.
10. Recommends and specifies new equipment and tools, providing manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material cost estimates for ROI analysis.
11. Maintains compliance of all activities with quality control system.