Wipaire, Inc., offers its employees a fun, relaxed work environment working in the exciting general aviation industry. In addition, we offer a variety of benefits including: a professional development program, first shift openings and a clean, climate controlled environment. We are willing to train enthusiastic candidates who would like develop new skills.
Wipaire is a leader in the industry and has been recognized for quality products, services and technological innovations. Join our team today and receive a $1000 signing bonus!
Depending on experience, our Fabricator/Assemblers perform various levels of work in the fabrication & assembly of TSO parts to Wipaire and industry standards and to meet all regulatory requirements. Our more experienced fabricators are responsible for performing more complex fabrication and assembly of aircraft floats. We offer a clean, climate controlled environment, a 4 day work week (Monday - Thursday, 6:30 am-5:00 pm), along with a comprehensive benefits plan. We are looking for individuals who are looking to learn a new trade and also those who are experienced and would like to apply their skills in a new setting.
- Completes safety training prior to starting the job. Maintains awareness of and follows all safety rules, including use of safety equipment such as: safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, gloves, aprons, respirators, machine guards, etc.
- Performs simple fabrication and assembly of floats and other aircraft parts within industry and company standards and to meet deadlines.
- Measures and shears/cuts raw material to match specifications or sample parts, following instructions.
- Operates equipment and utilizes common hand tools needed to manufacture and assemble parts.
- Inspects all parts for cleanliness and flaws. If flaws exit, corrects them.
- Prepares aircraft parts for painting using chemical conversion process.
- Keeps Production Supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments.
- Records time in ERP software and initial work order for each process of assembly.
- Notifies Supervisor of any build or quality issues for resolution.
- Keeps Production Department clean and organized.
- Returns all unused parts with current job.